Sunday, May 1, 2011

Bridget gets Political

"What do you think of this situation in Chechnya, isn't it a nightmare?"
"I couldn't give a f^*&, Jones."

I'm sure Bridget would probably do this over drinks with Daniel Cleaver after practicing saying "Osama" a few times in the mirror to make sure she's nailing the pronunciation, but here goes...a very rare political comment from me.

I remember a day when a President I didn't vote for, who lost the popular vote while winning the electoral college, announced to us all that he was going to go after the ******* who killed 3,000 American civilians.  I remember cheering for him.  Didn't everyone?

So, now another President, one I did vote for, who recently proved he is in fact a US citizen, announced to us all that he got that ******* who killed 3,000 American civilians.  I'm cheering again.  Why isn't everyone?

Osama bin Laden was neither a Republican nor a Democrat.  He attacked us for everything that both parties hold dear.  If you want to let his death tear us up over party lines, then in the most over-used words of that former President, "the terrorists win."

It's a good day to be an American.

No comments:

Post a Comment