Wednesday, April 27, 2011

10 Year Anniversary of Bridget Jones's Diary! (Movie)

I must make you all aware that you've been thinking about Daniel Cleaver asking Mark Darcy if he should 'bring his dueling pistol or his sword' outside, Bridget sliding down a fireman's pole on national television (good thing it's a rather small country), Bridget's enormous panties/short skirt/see-thru blouse, and lastly Bridget's bunny suit (Bop-bop!) for TEN YEARS! 

How is that possible, you ask?  How could it possibly be only ten years that you've had those images in your head?  It's like trying to figure out what we did before the internet.  Or how we survived without cell phones.  It's impossible to figure out, and we just have to praise our respective deities for saving us from our lives before Bridget.

So, before the end of the month, PLEASE celebrate 10 Years of Bridget Jones by doing something that only Bridget Jones, "wanton sex goddess with a very bad man between her thighs," would do!  I expect the stories of your adventures in the comments section!  Either that, or your favorite Bridget Quote...

A few of my favorite Bridget Quotes:
(1) At times like this, continuing with one's life seems impossible, and eating the entire contents of one's fridge seems inevitable.
(2) Obviously will lose 20 pounds, number two...
(3) Will not be defeated by a bad man and an American stick-insect. This time I choose vodka, and Chaka Khan.
(4) The only thing worse than smug married couple: lots of smug married couples.
(5) Wait a minute. Nice men don't kiss like that.

A few of my favorite non-Bridget Quotes:
(1) Outside?  Should I bring my dueling pistol or my sword? (Clearly...)
(2) Just as you are? Not thinner? Not cleverer? Not with slightly bigger breasts or a slightly smaller nose?
(3) FIGHT. Come on, it's a real fight.
(4) There's nothing to be embarrassed about. I'm wearing something quite similar myself.  Here, let me show you...
(5) Bridget works in publishing and used to run around naked in my paddling pool.

No comments:

Post a Comment