Saturday, July 16, 2011

HP 7.2: It all ended 7/15/2011

Burbank was quite crowded the night before Harry Potter 7.2 ifficially opened.  I had to park a million miles away from the theater so I could walk to the ticket box and buy tickets for the NEXT night's showing (because A) I'm too cheap to pay the extra $1 per ticket to order them online and B) I'm not THAT much of a freak to see it at midnight on Thursday night).

When I did go to see Harry Potter on Friday night, I got there an hour ahead of time and was made to wait outside in an unlit alley way (one floor up from this one) that circled the building in some kind of "emergency exit only" section of the theater that the cops should have busted.  It was, in a word, a scary place to be waiting.  Trapped between concrete walls, no light, the only other human beings around you dressed for Quidditch.  However, I soon realized that these were the least threatening teenagers on the face of the planet.  Much like snakes, I safely assumed they were more frightened of me than I was of them.  So I attempted to read my book by the light of my smart phone for the hour.

The logical question: was it worth it?  OF COURSE it was worth it!  It's Harry freaking Potter, the end of an era!  But I refuse to spoil anything for anyone.  So go see it yourselves!



So what, I've seen Harry Potter 7.2 twice already. How many times do you think THIS GUY saw it?

No comments:

Post a Comment