Monday, October 11, 2010

In the Beginning, there was a diary...

I realize that fact is fact, and fiction is fiction: two separate things entirely.  But having no other leads toward my own little happy ending and being as close as I'll ever be to Bridget Jones in age, I've decided that 2011 is going to be my year of testing out Bridget Jones's method.  How?  By following her diary of course. 

The complications with this plan:
(1) I don't drink
(2) don't smoke
(3) don't have a vulgar mother, but I do have a form of verbal diarrhea that will help with the similarities. 
(4) Also have never, to the best of my knowledge, run around naked in anyone's paddling pool.  This could be tricky, very tricky.

 
I do, however, pledge to:
(1) Obviously lose 20 pounds
(2) Always put last night's panties in the laundry basket
(3) Find a nice sensible boyfriend and stop forming romantic attachments to any of the following: alcoholics, workaholics, commitment-phobics, peeping toms, megalomaniacs, emotional bleep-wits, or perverts.

What most appeals to me about the Bridget Jones method is her unwavering ability to see the fun in life and smile even through the hard times. 

Hopefully, there's still a Mark Darcy out there who will look past my short-comings in those other areas.

No comments:

Post a Comment