Monday, January 31, 2011

Capturing your own Humanity

Weight:  x+14, but reinstating "eating" in daily routine was still the right choice.

Remember Inception?  (Spoiler Alert)
Remember how they used their totem to test and see if they were in the real world or the dream world?

I was thinking about that today and realizing that while I don't enter an induced dream world that might be confused with reality, opening up the possibility of being stuck in limbo forever and ever, I do have certain things that I do daily that remind me of my humanity.  And on days that I don't do them, I feel a little off.

I'd be shocked to hear what any of you do and/or if you'd be able to guess what mine are.  I'll give you one just because....

On Saturdays and Sunday mornings, I take Sandy for a leisurely walk through the Kling/Sarah St. circle.  On the way back, we stop by Starbucks if we (and I do mean we) have been good that week.  I enjoy my Iced Chai Latte, and she enjoys her...um....cake.  Shut up, vet.

What do you do that makes you feel like a person instead of an android?

1 comment:

  1. Going outside I guess is mine. Not on the way anywhere, just to be outside.

    And writing, in general. Sorting through my thoughts enough to make them into sentences with a point makes me feel like I'm not completely crazy.

    Oh, and daily eating seems like a solid choice. :)

    ReplyDelete