Monday, December 27, 2010

Bridget on Snow

Bridget is VERY adept at driving in snow.  Far better than most.  Far better than her father whom she insists should drive faster to the Darcys' ruby wedding party.  She takes the wheel, races there, and the rest is oratorical fireworks the likes of:
"No!  It's just such a terrible pity...for England to lose such a great legal brain...for the people of England like me and you to lose one of our top people...top person really.  Well, better dash.  Got another party to go to.  Single people.  Mainly poofs. Bye." 

*For the record, she is available for bar mitzvahs and christenings as well as ruby weddings.

However, now we come to Kelley on snow.  While being from the relatively warm town of Kelleytown Georgia and currently living in the even warmer town of Burbank California, I did experience a dark period in the snow-covered Boston.  I thought I would adore snow.  In Georgia, snow meant school was off and fun was to be had.  In Boston, snow meant that it was Tuesday....or any other day of the week for that matter.  Snow was not the charming thing of Christmas Carols and Winter Wonderlands.  It was cold rain that stuck to you.  It was dirty piles of slush you had to step over to get to the sidewalk.  It was that thing that threatened your life from Thanksgiving to Easter.  In short, I was not a fan.

That being said, I did just have my first White Christmas ever, here in the warm state of Georgia.  While it's almost completely melted and was quite beautiful, I have to say I would like it to be 70 degrees again stat.

Bridget, you can keep your snow.  I'll just take your man, thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment