Thursday, December 2, 2010

Reflections on Interviewing

Tired of your current job?  Looking to make a change?  Maybe you actually went ahead and stapled things to your slightly senior's head?  Or perhaps your boyfriend/boss decided to marry a stick-insect? 

For anyone out there looking for a new job for the new year, I present to you some tips from Bridget's own interviews:

1)  Always do proper research.
Interviewer, News: What do you think of the El Nino phenomenon? 
Bridget: It's a blip.  I think, basically, Latin Music is on the way out.

2) Relate to the job personally as well as professionally.
Interviewer, Children's TV: Do you have any children of your own?
Bridget:  Oh, Christ, no.  Yuck.

3) When all else fails, be honest.
Richard, Sit-up Britain: So, why do you want to work in Television?
Bridget: I've got to leave my current job because I've shagged my boss.

Then, you too can get a job where no one ever gets sacked for shagging the boss.

No comments:

Post a Comment