Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Reviewing: Why Men Marry Bitches

Very ill-conceived plan, reading this now.  While I did rather enjoy reading prequel "Why Men Love Bitches," the sequel turns out to be geared more toward people who found some success with the first one and are now on the verge of committing or getting married.  That is, not people who read it last week and have been buried under a pile of work, presently unable to conceive of what a social life might be.  Read: not me.  But I will look past my mistake and store up a few tidbits for the future.

First of all, we still have a fundamental difference of opinion on what constitutes being a bitch.  Strong women are not the bitches that I see with a great guy, and think to myself "why her?"  The "bitches" I see are the ones that are quite the opposite: clingy, demanding, needy, gold-digging, damsels in distress who cannot wipe the disgust for mankind of their smug faces.  Come on, you know those girls.

Second of all, we have a fundamental difference of opinion in the men we are "after."  I'm sorry, but the guys I know would see a girl do these things suggested and think she wasn't interested, thus move on.  Just like anything else, it's not safe to use vast stereotypes.  We don't all live in Manhattan and associate with playas.

But enough of that, the tips:
Be Mary Ann, not Ginger.
Let him wonder where you are.
Don't call him all the time.
Let him be the one to suggest commitment.
Play it cool instead of getting emotional.
Men intentionally push you to bring out the crazy.

There you have it.  Fool proof plan....to get women to read a book for "all the answers" and make a lot of money in publishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment