Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Reviewing: Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus

Is there a person in the world who doesn't know what this book is all about?

Well, a short blog post isn't going to cover all of it, so we'll just talk about what I found most interesting.

Sometimes men don't talk, and sometimes women don't know how to deal with it.
Sometimes women talk a ton, and men don't give them what they're after.
Sometimes men pull away when they are scared of commitment.
Sometimes women need to make men feel needed.
Sometimes men need to support women in their struggles.

Interestingly enough, I was relating a lot to the poor men in this book.  I often listen to my friends talk about problems, and my mind wanders to any solution I can think of.  Then, I offer that solution before they're even done talking.  Poor women!  I'm going to work on that.  It's true that I sometimes talk without wanting there to be an obvious solution, and sometimes the point of my venting isn't to get input but just to get a pat on the shoulder and hear "oh, that must stink."  Women.  Even I don't get us.

No comments:

Post a Comment