Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Reviewing: Why Men Love Bitches

It's Tuesday, so it must be mean torture.  Today's torturer:

On the whole, I *think* this book intended to be funny, but apparently I'd need another set of eyes to tell for sure.  Certainly page 70 was, but I'm not talking about what was on that page.

From reading this, I think that the author and I have a fundamental disagreement on what constitutes bitchy.  Some of the tips aren't really about being a bitch (boo), they're just about being a strong person.

The basics:
  • Don't be insecure.
  • Don't be too eager.
  • Stay in control.
  • Compliment, but don't overdo it.
  • Be unavailable sometimes.
  • Keep your day-job.
  • Instead of nagging, let actions speak louder than words.
  • Use reverse psychology.  (To quote Michael Scott: Reverse psychology is an awesome tool, I don't know if you guys know about it, but basically you can make someone think the opposite of what you believe, and that tricks them into doing something stupid. Works like a charm.)
There you have it.  Doesn't really sound that bitchy to me.  The last one though.  Eek, I think reverse psychology is dangerous.  (Or maybe I'm using it right now to convince you to try it.  Who knows!)

1 comment: